View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 07:55 AM   #24
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1979 Suzuki X5 Long term rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Don't do what I did over the weekend and browse through back-issues of Classic Mechanics from 2012 / 2013. Classic strokers were dirt cheap compared to now. An RD200 in decent condition with current MOT etc for £800 ono!
It breaks my heart sometimes to think of some of the bikes I've had in the past 7 how cheap I sold them for.
So, a little update. I've been having electrical problems with the little 200, which i think I may have found. The electric start spring was staying connected when the engine was running & burned out 2 Reg/Recs . I've ripped the wiring out & will be performing a little surgery on a couple of broken wires too.
On a plus point, she now has a new seat cover, which I'm not too pleased with, so have ordered another to get it right & stainless steel clutch & brake bolts. I've also glass fibred the broken seat cowl & have my decal set ready for when it eventually gets painted. Money is a little tight at the mo, so play has stopped for the time being. I did solve a little problem with the bike's running, I'd fitted 2 left hand slides in the carbs, so that's now sorted & she runs sweet.
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

mister c is offline   Reply With Quote