Thread: Evening All
View Single Post
Old 14-05-12, 10:31 PM   #8
Cazza

Default Re: Evening All

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediGoat View Post
please take the remark from metalmonkey with a pinch of salt.

He's always such a positively beaming ray of sunshine, we all have to wear sunglasses, and we still have to squint

I work in Southall (a stone's throw from where you're going) one afternoon a week. In case it's of help, you can park a motorcycle in any residents' bays or pay & display bays, free of charge. However, if you're going in the evening then I'm not sure that the parking restrictions will still be in force then.

As Davies says, double-check re: Wembley - although I usually find that the traffic doesn't start getting heavy until the approach to the Hangar Lane junction.

I assume you'll be approaching from the West along the A40 (you're in Berkshire?). In which case, heading east at the end of day is fine. If you were coming from central London then I'd say definitely take the bike - the traffic along the A40 heading east is always solid in the afternoon rush hour. Having said that though, if you were going to use the A312 to get near Southall, definitely allow extra time if you're in the car - it can get completely jammed along there in rush hour. What time do you need to be there for?

Hmmm... sorry, all a bit convoluted, but I hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by Cazza; 14-05-12 at 10:32 PM.