View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 07:01 AM   #202
svbmx

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy650 View Post
The fork guards look better then the normal mudguard IMHO. Nice job
My thoughts too. I've got a fresh Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa to go on too which should look and ride better than current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
I love that 'zorst.
Me too I think I'm gonna cap the end with some of the stainless hex mesh i used at the front of the fairing. Cool stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Come on get it finished!
Haha, I'm trying! Me and the missus are currently in the process of buying are first house so funds are limited at the mo. Not that its cost much so far, but any money spent on stuff that's not house related is getting a little frowned upon!! :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
How difficult or otherwise will the fairing be to remove and replace for servicing needs?
The fairing is actually very easy to remove. I know this because I'm constantly taking it on/off to tweak bits n pieces!

Its basically 3 allen head screws either side to remove the front infill panels, the 2 upper screws that hold the mesh either side, the 2 upper radiator screws removed and then the fairing will just slide forward and then there's enough flex to drop it down to the ground and pull out from one side.
The rear of the fairing, near the seat, hooks into the frame trellis so no other fixings needed.