View Single Post
Old 07-03-19, 01:41 PM   #7112
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

1st world problems

I have credit cards that are used very occasionally. Booking holidays etc. So yesterday I am trying to order a new phone on line and to protect myself use one of my cards.

Both cards rejected and I finally resorted to using paypal. One has just phoned me from the fraud department to verify if my transaction attempt was genuine.

He stupidly asked for personal information to verify me. and accepted my response that I am not going to give that info to a cold caller and he gave me some of my account info to verify himself first.

He then asked about my failed transactions that had been tagged as potentially fraudulent and accepted it was embarrassing for me not to be able to complete a genuine transaction. and promised to feedback that they should immediately contact the account holder under such circumstances to verify.

His excuse being they had tagged a large number of transactions with that supplier (Samsung online shop) and had built such a queue that they had a time delay to verify the attempt.

Still they have now given me a contact number should it happen again. But at least the rejection was on line. A normal face to face transaction with a rejected card would have been embarrassing.