View Single Post
Old 08-04-19, 05:16 AM   #16
Othen

Default Re: 2000 SV650 not starting with fully charged Battery

Hi again,

I’ve just read the reviews on the Li battery, they vary a great deal (most very good, but about 10% very poor indeed). Here is one I found that is not so dissimilar to your experience:

1.0 out of 5 starsNo where near the CCA rating. No good for big twins.
May 22, 2018
Verified Purchase
After receiving the battery I charged it up with a small Battery Tender. Worked great for 3 weeks. During those three weeks my KTM 950 Adventure started perfectly. Keep in mind I only road it 5 times during those 3 weeks. Well, that was the end of the battery. After that it never had the power to turn over the engine. I did all the research and everything was fine. The regulator was working great. I tried charging the battery again and it fully charged in about 20 min. I live in the tropics and so I don't have to deal with cold temps. This battery was basically worthless and it cost a fortune in shipping and taxes to import it. Watch the vids on Youtube and read other peoples warnings. This is not a good battery. If you bought one of them that is rated at 2 times the amount of CCA you need, then maybe it is. In the meantime walking due to a worthless battery is no fun.

- so it may be that the QC is not very good on these and a proportion just turn out to be bad.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk