View Single Post
Old 23-11-10, 03:14 PM   #25
Stig

Default Re: 7-9th JULY, site bunks booked out recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
So, if we are to 'assume' those sort of numbers opt for the 'alternative' to camping....thus fills the 40 available spaces in the bunkhouses available. Those bunkhouses sleep both 4 persons and 6 persons, Plus there are 6 B&B rooms onsite, doubles and a single from the top of my head.

There is a Youth Hostel in Ingleton, and another 2 B&Bs in Austwick, theres many a B&B in Settle.....but most prefer to be a little nearer. I have reccyed these once, and have said so in my first proposal thread.

Although cancellin the option for 6-9th July, you also have to think about this scenario....do we reallly want to just opt for a field, without alternative accomodation, thus removing some 40 odd potential orgers from our event?
Also do we really want to be told to be kept quiet by teachers who are responsible for 40 school children using the bunkhouses on that particular weekend?
Allowing people to vote for themselves would have given the answer without hassles, complications, arguments or discussions. Simples.