View Single Post
Old 26-03-21, 04:37 PM   #16
Tamsen Cooper

Default Re: Updated info for 02 curvy rear shock

Not needing to take the exhaust off is music to my ears! Has made the project feel a lot less daunting.

I do have an ABBA stand- I think they are amazing- the bike is held up rock solid and I would recommend them to anyone.

Quote:
i would suggest that you spray plussgas on all the bolt nuts a good few days before you start stripping things down.
I think this is valuable advice and I will definitely do this

Quote:
even though you have chatted with nitron i must stress that you must tell them that you want the shock valved/shimmed for road use and not track also ask what kg/mm spring they are going to supply as they usually go a bit on the hard side.
They are making it for road use and my weight, I expl;ained that it is a weekend/evening fun bike on the road, not track. Looking at the website they say "The adjustor knob affects both compression and rebound simultaneously for simple setup and making it a more road-biased shock. The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload adjustment tool" so I have some learning to do around what these different features do and what is best.

Quote:
please make sure that you use silkolene rsf 10w, its been tried and tested and know to work.
This is great advice for the front forks and I will get some, thanks.
Tamsen Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote