View Single Post
Old 26-03-21, 10:57 PM   #19
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Updated info for 02 curvy rear shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamsen Cooper View Post
....I had a great chat with a chap from Nitron- and think that is the way I will go on the rear shock.,,,,,.
I have a Nitron NTR R1 on my NC700. For general pleasure use on the road it's all you'll ever need.
As long as the spring rate they select is correct for you, it'll need very little in the way of setting up. Adjusting the preload to get the ride height you want is easy with the threaded ring providing there is enough space to get a hand/tool in to move it.
Damping will be set up internally to suit the spring rate when it is built. The damping adjuster works very nicely on mine with just the right amount of change for each click. Mine was originally built for an ER5 but with the right spring rate for the NC and me on board. I set the damping to mid-way and then did it by trial and error, go a couple of clicks each way and ride the same piece of road to get the idea of what the changes feel like. Pretty easy to home in on what suits you very quickly. Don't be tempted to adjust it too stiff, softer is usually nicer for the road.