View Single Post
Old 15-07-17, 01:45 PM   #7
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: H4 LED Headlight Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MboroSVGuy View Post
Also, is there a way to adjust the headlight so that it illuminates further on the road? I only get about 6 - 8 feet of illumination without turning the brights on.
See attached photo, under the headlight there is a hexagon bolt head with a cross head depression in it, there is a big rubber washer under the head (centre of photo). This bolt sits in a slot and when it is slackened off the headlight will pivot a little bit, when you are happy with headlight beam position tighten back up. Halfway up chrome bezel, just out of photo is a small X head screw for left - right beam adjustment.

As far as having more light, I did this mod on my AL7 (bottom of page in link below) and fitted a couple of 10W Cree LED spots (equivalent to about 40watt halogen each), much more visible in daylight than a single headlight. And I am not happy riding with the single headlight on the AL7 as if the bulb or fuse blows you go from light to dark very quickly.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...12216&page=465
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02780.jpg (118.6 KB, 0 views)

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 19-07-17 at 06:17 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote