View Single Post
Old 31-12-08, 09:39 AM   #9
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help me with this possible purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
thanks dave, do you reckon its wise to ask for some daylight pics of more close up parts? he said he'll keep me in mind if the auction doesn't sell.. reserve is £2,400
If it's a fair distance form you yeah ask for some better pics, if not go and inspect it. I wouldn't bid on anything blind on ebay - you want to thoroughly check it out. Infact I usually go visit them make them an offer before the auction ends and get it cheap. People like a straight up buyer with no hassle if you offer them cash straight up at a tasty price (for you) and say look cash for a no hassle painless sale xxxx much plus you can take it off ebay and not ahve to give them a small fortune in final value fees.

There's a million bikes out there, don't rush choose the right bike at the right price (I accept it's difficult though). It'd be nice to buy from a fellow orger they're more likely to be honest with you (you'd hope) and might give you a good price. I've given fellow forummers upto £300 off what I would have wanted off ebay for stuff before - just a nice community thing.