Thread: Soft Luggage
View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 07:46 PM   #1
Nutsinatin

Default Soft Luggage

Hi all,
I'm doing a few trips with the better half this year (only a few hundred miles each time; east coast, north France etc, not transversing europe or the like) and after prior experience my 47L top box just isn't going to cut it. I'm thinking some soft panniers are the way to go and after reading through a few threads (thank you to Jayne for writing in most of them!) I'm thinking Oxford Lifetime X60 Sports Panniers/Oxford Lifetime X50 Sports Panniers are the way to go (any opinion if one size is better than the other?). At the minute I'm only going to use them a few times a year, but I don't want to go for something cheap as I'll be using them until I wear them out (with more future trips if I get my way). Obviously Lou is going to be on the rear seat so I just want to check that the panniers won't obstruct her legs or cause any discomfort over long distances. Secondly how do they mount, it it a strap over the rear seat, is this likely to cause any pillion discomfort? Or am I totally off the mark here, is there a better product that anyone knows about on here?

Ta in advance for any advice.

Bike is a fully faired K9 pointy with a standard mount exhaust, standard indicators with no tail tidy and a set of Givi arms with a top box if this makes any difference to fitting.
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote