View Single Post
Old 16-10-07, 07:30 PM   #37
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Advanced riding – braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
They don't last that long your tires do they?
Its not like I don't do it in the dry but I was specifically talking about in the wet there ... you don't get much 'wear' slipping a bit in the wet as you are sliding on a layer of water/mud/grime!

Oh and remember to get the back end out/skidding a bit it doesn't have to be locked up, just slower than road speed ...

Anyway back to main topic ...

If braking in a straight line is the only accepted method, it is clear to me that I would never pass an IAM test. ... I also know now that I have no interest in doing it as I don't believe in half what I read (I had been flirting with the idea, hence reading the book in the first place).

I can see some flaws in the method (setting speed before turning in), but I think it probably is the 'safest' ... why?? coz if you have set your seed before every turn, you would have to be going so dog slow at corner entry that the end of the world could be nigh round the bend and you would stop in time!! .. Couples with rule 2 (or whatever) then if it is a blind bend with trees and hedges (like I tend to ride), you have zero forward observation, therefore would only be able to do 10mph anyway ... safe? ... sure ... fun??? ... fast??!!? I can't see that!!!!!

I am not saying that it isn't a well established method, or that MY method is better/the IAM way is wrong, just I personally choose NOT to want to ride that way!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 16-10-07 at 07:37 PM.