View Single Post
Old 27-10-10, 05:53 AM   #15
-Ralph-

Default Re: AR11 - Ed's proposal - short version

This looks good Ed.

What's the crack with the electric hook-ups? Do you have to book your pitch or is it first come first served?

I take it people who have taken dogs to the AR in the past just don't do the rideout? Fizz's quote on the website regarding the dogs is a very good point, you can't leave them alone during the day. I would try to get Sandrine to join in this year, which means she can bring the car, the big tent and the dog, but she might want to do the rideout. Could put the dog into kennels, but I don't like doing that when we are camping, I feel like he should be with us. If there was a local kennel where you could book the dog in just from early Saturday morning to Saturday evening, that may be a useful facility for some of the dog owners to have.

Wem isn't actually too bad to get to from Ireland, there are ferrys from Dublin to Holyhead, then about 2 hours ride from there.

What Ed says about NW police is true, but what does worry me in NW on occasion is that b****y helicopter that wastes taxpayers money by being used as the worlds most expensive speed camera. You don't need to be riding like a complete knob for it to snap you doing 80mph in a 60 limit. I have only ever seen it operating within 10-15 miles of the North Coast though, so as long as we weren't going too close up towards Conwy we may be OK. Maybe Luckypants or xXBadgerXx can tell us more about where/when it tends to operate.