View Single Post
Old 05-12-18, 12:39 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default writing to your MP

does anyone do it? I do but I must admit the occasional reply I get does not make me feel much better (since my politics tend to be centre/left). Cleethorpes is bundled in with a large farming area and it's nearly always a Conservative seat, currently "served" by Martin Vickers. (Grimsby, next door, has been Labour nearly forever).

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to Mr Vickers with a link about the UN UK poverty report who responded that he thought it was laughable. (empathy not a strong point, perhaps).

I wrote to him today because of the report showing how Conservative cuts have been most severe in the North, whereas spending in the South East and South West has increased.

I wrote:

"Dear Mr Vickers,
Another report for you to find laughable.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8667666.html

Chuckle away while you "earn" your £77379 and the average salary in your constituency is £29887 and the number of people trapped in the zero hour contracts scourge (nationwide) increased by 100,000 last year (to 1.8 million).

I used to be a field service engineer, if I didn't fix things I was fired. Since your job is to improve conditions for your constituents, why are you still employed? Do you feel any guilt at taking our (constituents taxpayer) money?"

Too harsh or not harsh enough?
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote