View Single Post
Old 30-08-09, 08:06 PM   #14
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Single malt appreciation thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Well the Highland Park served at a recent society wedding is hard to beat but a bottle of Glenlivet 12yo would more than suffice if you're asking, I am a man of simple tastes.

Springbank 10yo is another favourite, although I had the misfortune of leaving my last bottle unattended in the vicinity of my father-in-law. I can only hope the greedy bugger enjoyed it as much as I would have.

The only malt in the house at the moment is half a dozen miniatures of Tomatin 12 y/o which I'm keeping for historical/sentimental reasons, The actual drinking whisky is Johnnie Walker Black label, with a half bottle of Blue hiding behind it for special occasions.
The first time I tried Glenlivet 18yo was a revelation, almost like a fine cognac with that hit of smoke and peat that only a good malt can deliver!

I have not tried the 10yo Springbank as I worry it will disappoint. Tesco some years ago had their own 21yo bottling of Springbank that was silly cheap for what it was, so I filled me boots. My experience of Springbank is limited to this 21yo and wonder if the 10yo will suffer in my view because of that? No pub around here stocks much in the way of malt whiskies so I have no way to try before I buy.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote