View Single Post
Old 07-04-18, 03:47 PM   #6
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: gladius problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrentwins View Post
Hi and Thanks
I know it's a good battery because it's just new and has full charge.
Iturn key and get nothing at all. I turned key first thing yesterday and it turned lights on on dash, done it's little test then like a fuse blew and nothing..I have checked all the fuses i can find...sorry i'm useless..but i'll keep trying everything offered
Did you check fuses visually or with a multi-meter (sometimes fuses can look as though they are OK but will not pass current) ? Due to fact it happened suddenly and did not appear to blow a fuse it may be a broken wire in the region where cables get bent and flexed (was failing anyway and then an extra bit of load blew the last strand).

Sometimes no other way really than to check every plug and socket and their condition, give the wires going into plugs and sockets a little tug just to make sure wire and crimp has not parted company, you can use a multi-meter or a 5w 12V (or larger wattage if you like) with wire soldered on and one wire earthed and use the other wire to track the flow of power past each plug, I have used a dressmakers or safety pin pushed into cable through insulation to check stuff before, it is useful sometimes to check if power actually getting through plug / socket while they still plugged in.

If you can get hold of ACF50 many people on here regularly squirt a bit into plugs and sockets to prevent future corrosion, I have used vaseline before when nothing else around (use it on battery terminals as well).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote