View Single Post
Old 28-10-17, 08:34 PM   #2732
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Always nice to have a scenic road all to yourself Chris

I almost laughed out loud today on my way home from a shopping expedition into London. Before getting on the 18:35 from Marylebone I got a Bacon Double Cheese XL meal from Burger King as I was jolly hungry and took it on to the train with me. The seats in the train are way more comfy than the plastic seats outside BK on the concourse, they're not covered in pigeon poop and you're not asked if you have any spare change every two minutes. Posh looking woman gets on a few moments after me, goes to sit down on the other side of the aisle, spots me taking the first bite from the burger and stomps off to the other end of the carriage muttering "disgusting" just loud enough for me to hear. The guy opposite me tittered and it was only 'cos I is polite that I didn't laugh with me gob full, or it would have pebble-dashed the whole area.

Plenty of people eat on the train and it's not like I was tucking in to smoked mackerel and pilchard sandwiches, or sushi, or any number of stinky foods. Plus being ravenous it was all gone in five minutes anyway. Perhaps she was a rabid vegetarian or on one of those fad diets when you only eat on every other Tuesday and she was feeling hard done by?