Thread: YSS Shocks
View Single Post
Old 09-10-20, 08:45 AM   #17
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: YSS Shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001 View Post
Dave, if the spring rate is wrong it's a bad base for the rest of the settings. The emulators I got were £80, compared to the cartride kits around for £600. The emulators are adjustable (just a pain to get out each time) and are nowhere near as good at cartridge in terms of adjustment, but still miles better than stock. I thought at that price it is not a big gamble to try them and they work for me.

As svenrico says, get servicable shocks. I rate my Bitubo and mid range were £380. The rebound and compression are adjusted together with a slider from 1 - 5. It's enough to get a decent set up unless you are going to the track. I spoke with MCT Suspension and Steve Jordan's who both suggested Nitrons over Hagon, or the KTECH Razor. But they were another 2 or 3 hundred more than the Bitubo and they are going on a Bonneville after all

I found Bike Revival had a lot of options and good to talk to about options you might not have considered http://www.bikerevival.com/page1.html
Yeah the YSS are fully serviceable but I need to do a calculation on the spring rate. I'd generally prefer to get a custom spring rate to my weight over a onesize fits all progressive one - but maybe I'll be in luck and it works out the right rate for me. Unfortunately Hagon,bitubo, ktech, racetech, legend etc. do not make shocks for my bike. My options are Ohlins, nitron (same cost as ohlins) or possibly shock factory as above and YSS for less than half the price. I might save up for the ohlins and do it in the new year.
Unless I can get custom springs for the YSS, but not sure how I guarantee it's suitable for the valving?

Cheers for the link to bike revival, I'll give them a go for some options

Last edited by Dave20046; 09-10-20 at 08:48 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote