View Single Post
Old 12-12-07, 02:26 PM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default never been to a track day, what you like to have known before your first track experience?

How do,

I've got a few mates who've done plenty of track days and rave about them saying wild things like "you can learn more about your bike on a track in half an hour than you can on the open road in 6 months".

I would like to get myself to a novice trackday at some point next year and see what it's all about. I think the nearest tracks to me are either Donnington or Croft (being bang in the middle of west yorkshire)... would these be good starters?

I've also heard you need to have either a one or two piece suit's which I'm looking at getting in the new year.

My general assumptions are that on track days:
- it's not a race.
- if you're in the novice group it's more about learning the circuit and how to get your bike round smoothly, not about getting your knee down round every corner and putting in GP lap times...
- you HAVE to put electrical tape on your lights so that you look like a real racer on the photographs.
-any others?

any advice/info about novice trackdays etc would be great.

PT6^

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote