View Single Post
Old 08-10-18, 12:05 PM   #6411
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Credit Reports. I hated them in America - everytime you wanted anything, even if you didn't want a loan they would run a credit check and, up to a few years ago you had to pay to get the report. Now they are here too, in the US there are 3 (experian, equifax and transunion - and they all have different numbers on you).

I don't have a credit card so I thought I'd get one, only to be rejected, even by Aqua and they give them to anyone. I own a home, have money in the bank, no debts and money coming in; so why? I check my credit report which has a good number but the bank accounts are wrong. They only list one account which I don't have nor ever have had (according to NatWest) and don't list the 3 accounts I do have. In the US it was difficult getting the agencies to change anything on your report without a drawn out battle and surrender of your firstborn, hope it's easier here.

It reminded me of that Black Mirror episode where you had a popularity score and if it was low you were shunned by society (Nosedive).

I once failed a credit check trying to get a mobile phone contract. Own my own house. 30 grand in the current account. 50 grand available on my credit cards. People try to throw interest free credit at me. (scam as a 2% handing charge) report says I am 999 low risk etc. Yet one company somewhere does not like me. Nobody could see why I should have failed. Still got a better deal elsewhere.