View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 11:37 AM   #7767
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
VFR not starting at all today. Have pulled and cleaned all plugs / checked plugs and coil sticks... but apparently they may still be going even if they show ok off the bike. The bad fuel economy and idling surges are a sign of a stick failing apparently. That would cause fuelling issues which would foul all plugs. If it was something I'd distrubed like a wire then it would likely be more definite and not surging I'm guessing. I was going to get one stick to swap around just to rule it out, but Fowler's price is £114+vat per stick!! Damn. Looking around breakers...
It may not be your problem but some years ago 1 bad plug cap on my old Honda V-Twin which limited the power on the bike and I could not even get above 50 mph!!

My best M8 got a Brand new Triumph,"Street Cup" a few years ago and after a couple of months the same thing happened.As it was under warranty no problem but it took the Diagnostic team ages to find the fault and this kind of fault is so sneaky and not common so they weren't looking for it

BTW on,"Fake Britain" or something like that there were some Fake NGK Platignum/Iridium Spark plugs even sold by reputable traders!!!

PS

There's a set of four on eBay for £25 quid?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VFR...MAAOSwnw5d09c0

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 02-12-19 at 11:59 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote