View Single Post
Old 08-09-17, 12:48 AM   #233
rabbit8dude

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread (99 SV650)

This is very interesting and it's really good to see you pushing the envelope with the humble SV650.
You have pulled off a stunner with the home built fairing aswell.

Making mechanical modifications that look good is far easier than aesthetic alterations like fairings, bodywork etc.

You're fairing is very elegant, and the way you have encompassed hard edged lines to the SV, which is a very rounded off aesthetic design is truly an achievement.

Your alternative shock arrangement is going to add a heavy component to the unsprung weight though. Even though the linkage arrangement could be worked out to give any wheel rate desired the addition of any unsprung weight is a step backwards in my opinion. Especially considering it is purely for aesthetic reasons of exhaust repositioning.

It will also place a relatively heavy single component further away from the C of G which gets us away from the mass centralization mantra which works so effectively on bikes.

I included two pics of a transversely mounted shock on a purpose built special. It might serve you better if it can free up some space to reroute the exhaust to where you want.

Either way I'll be watching with interest.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
rabbit8dude is offline   Reply With Quote