View Single Post
Old 23-06-10, 11:14 PM   #2
Stradders

Default Re: GM3 Attendees & Accomodation

Dear SV Ecosse.

I am writing this with a very heavy heart, but unfortunately I am now no longer going to be able to make GM3. No one knows how gutted I am as I have been planning this for months and was really looking forward to meeting you all. I have been mulling it over for a few days now but there is no way I can make it work.

The reasons are many and various, but the main one being I have been away so much this year (and also looking forward to a 3 month winter holiday in the 'Stan' over Xmas) so I need to spend some more quality time with the kids. I'm afraid they don't really understand weekends away on the bike yet. I am already getting pressure from my 9 year old for having been away so much this year.
I have also got quite a few other domestic issues at home which really do need sorting out and I can't really afford to let them drag on any further. With any luck one of those issues will no longer be a factor this time next year and I will be free to do whatever and go wherever I please. Roll on GM4.

Before I go can I just say a huge thanks to Quedos for organising it, and also everyone else who has sorted out the campsite, the routes and who has passed on advice and information about the weekend. Thanks also to Kilted Ginger for his excellent work on the list of attendees. Unfortunately number 46 is no longer available to ride this year. Sounds just like Moto GP (if only I was 1% as good as him).

I am insanely jealous of you all but I hope you have a fantastic time. The forecast looks stunning. I look forward to hearing about it via the forum. Just make sure you count them all out and count them all back again and that you all keep the shiny side up (plus all the other rubbish motorbike clichés for riding safely).

So sorry that I can't make it but I know you'll all have a brilliant time.

All the best.

A very P****d off Stradders.