View Single Post
Old 18-06-18, 12:24 PM   #13
jwray4422

Default Looking into buying a 2008 SV650, concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
2500 miles in eight years and the two years without use is not good, bike has spent most of its life sitting still, and that can be worse than an average mileage bike. At that mileage tyres likely to be original and maybe will have developed flat spots from standing, either way new tyres will be needed. Battery may also be FUBAR from lack of use. Inside of petrol tank may be rusting, various bits probably seized up, electrics a bit corroded. Bike looks shiny on the outside, but maybe if it did not get yearly oil changes when used and fresh oil before it was layed up there may bearing and bore / piston ring corrosion and seals hardened up through lack of use. Personally I would not buy it but that is just me who has seen a lot of problems caused by bikes and cars not being used regularly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I bought a 2010 CBR1000RR in 2016 and it only had 2900 miles. Everything works great the only difference is that it ran at the time, I’m trying to get the lady to send me a video of it running before I tow a trailer 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jwray4422; 18-06-18 at 01:59 PM.
jwray4422 is offline   Reply With Quote