View Single Post
Old 21-03-06, 09:30 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Advice about the ferry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipstix
Hello all,

I'm planning a trip into Europe in June. I'd like to take the ferry from Portsmouth-Bilbao ride around Pyrennes/Andorra/Cannes then up Route Napoleon and catch ferry back Calais-Dover.

Can anyone recommend an interesting route from the end of the Route Napoleon at Grenoble to Calais?

What's the cheapest way of getting the ferry tickets? I thought RiDE magazine used to have a P&O promotional code but can't find one anywhere. Otherwise a good ferry booking website suggestion would be appreciated.

I could also do with a good recommendation for a guide book to motorbike tours in Europe, if anyone has any ideas?

Cheers!

C.
To be honest, if you book now, im sure that if you book direct, then it shold be fairly cheap. Brittany ferries i think do the Bilbao crossing. Coming back, seafrance at the mo seem to be the cheapest.

Also remember to get you bike serviced before you go, carry a small spares kit (Fuses, bulbs, bits of wire, gaffer tape, insulating tape etc) for any mishaps or get you home measures. Also make sure you have euro breakdown, and insurance, just incase you have over looked this. Also make sure your tyres have enough in them
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote