View Single Post
Old 14-01-11, 07:16 PM   #1
garethaka

Default battery fine fuses fine bike just died on me in downpour

today was caught in a downpour of biblical porportions water everwhere drains overflowing, water flooding down the street, so my bike got considerably wet, once out the downpour and stoped at red light, my bike just died on me, it didnt splutter or choke out it literally just died lights went off nothing as if hte battery had been ripped out. so took bike to side of road turned the key a few times and nothing lights didnt go on dashlights didnt glimmer. however my alarm was stil working. the lights would flash when bike was alarmed. so an hour later the aa pitched up he checked the battery and fuses all was fine. so he blamed it on hte alarm and immobaliser. he phone the motorbike recovery he came out and seemed to have an idea about bikes said he didnt think there was a problem with alarm but something to do with the ignition barrel especially as i have been having problems turining the key so it got a blast of wd40 and 3 in 1 oil last night. any ideas or people who have had this problem before. Sorry realised this is long winded just thought you would wana know all the details. the bike is well kept garaged 2001 curvy cheers