View Single Post
Old 14-02-20, 04:00 PM   #7915
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Genuinely considering selling my bike, costing me £225mo to sit in the shed looking pretty. I dearly love it and would miss it having put a lot of money into speccing it up nearer the more expensive GT model (namely cruise control + hard luggage)

I bought it at the wrong time, paid for before a job interview I knew I'd get(interview was just formality) and collected 2 days before starting, 17mi e/w commute down to a 20min walk.

I'm torn on what to do, I'm early in the process of a first time buyer ISA to get onto property ladder so could divert £ but also purchase something cheaper and owned outright (I do own the Tracer,just on a bank loan that I could almost clear with decent money from the sale)

*It hasn't left the shed since 29th December
Much the same with my bike but then it's worth far less than yours so less of my money tied up.

I see biking as a leisure pursuit these days, so given what my bike is worth against the pleasure it gives (when the weather permits) I'm happy enough.

You can apply the same argument against boats and caravans, they cost a fortune and how much do they actually get used?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk