Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 15-05-20, 08:56 PM   #46
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

I’m jealous Adam! Looking very healthy though. All my courgette plants are still in pots at the moment as it’s too early here to get them out into the beds. We’ve had a few frosts lately and it just caught the edges of some of the tender stuff despite me tucking it all into a sheltered spot, so it’ll be the end of this month before I plant it out.

Sioned and I potted on all the courgettes the other day as they were looking a bit starved of nourishment in the toilet roll tubes. They’re looking a bit happier now.

We also went up and put the poles in for the climbing French beans, and the day before yesterday I transferred the first sowings of peas from the guttering into the veg bed. We’ve now made a second sowing of peas which will get planted out in about three weeks time and will hopefully extend the cropping time.

I had to resow all my carrots and parsnips yesterday as the first sowing pretty much completely failed, possibly because I sowed them too early. The beetroot has done the same thing so I’ll need to resow a couple of rows of that too.

I’ll get some up to date pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by garynortheast; 15-05-20 at 08:58 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote