Thread: Removing carbs.
View Single Post
Old 23-11-09, 03:23 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr-biker View Post
anyone know a website that tells you how to remove carbs.
i noticed today tryin to solve a prob with my bike there was water in my rear carb is this common or am i screwed. can i do this with no expierence.
from wot i read and heard i need to empty some float bowl thinghy
my bike is a 2000 sv650 no mods
1) you have arrived at that website! Check the main website (www.sv650.org), it should have info on carb removal. Otherwise, all you need to do is get the riders seat off, get the tank up and on the prop, remove the air box using a very long phillips screwdriver to undo the screws for the clips connecting the carbs to the air box. I beleive th carbs themselves come off in a similar way aswell (cant remember though)

Water in carbs is sort of common. You are correct in that you need to drain the carb float bowl, although I don't know how to do this (I think its one screw?). You may want to drain the fuel out of the tank aswell, incase its water in the petrol that has separated out (water is denser than petrol hence it sits at the bottom, and will keep getting pulled through)

Provided you are careful, slow and use common sense (and the correct tools!!!), the job shouldnt be beyond you