View Single Post
Old 17-11-21, 08:50 PM   #10203
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Home service contract. I have emergency repair cover with British Gas for central heating, plumbing. electrics, drains and annual boiler service. The contract is for annual boiler service which I take to mean once in 12 months. The thing is they overrun the 12 months and can't fit me in until January next year which will be 17 months since they last serviced it. The excuse being they have had a lot of call outs to vulnerable customers. I would have expected they should have the capacity to cater for emergency call outs and annual services ,otherwise what is the point of having an annual service contract, you might as well arrange your own heating engineer about 6 months in advance which should be enough notice ! Surely they aren't fulfilling their contract ?! I used BG because they have their own engineers but I think they are starting to change that by sub letting work.
ps another point is the idea of regular maintenance is to hopefully avoid a breakdown. If it broke down I would have to pay £60 excess to call them out (and they would probably then say they couldn't get spare parts and write it off !)

Last edited by svenrico; 17-11-21 at 08:54 PM.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote