View Single Post
Old 22-10-18, 09:09 PM   #8
Ruffy

Default Re: Rear shock on a budget? Better than stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
It needs a new rear tyre, so was hoping to do all back end stuff at the same time... checking bushes, change shock and change tyre. Just budget is very tight after getting bar conversion done. Trying to hold off and do it all at the same time though.
Fair enough. I just thought perhaps there was a chance you might be able to defer buying a shock for a while. £0 is good for any budget!

If you can jack the bike up well enough to take weight off the swingarm (abba stand or similar) then checking the linkages shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming. And I'd hate for you to have a mechanic take it all apart only to have them tell you new bushes needed (at extra cost).

In response to your original question, yes I'm pretty sure that a Hagon or YSS will be an improvement compared to stock.

However, my heretic opinion is that a bike doesn't need to be high performance perfect to give enjoyment to the average rider on the road.
(Takes cover ready for flame wars!)
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote