View Single Post
Old 18-04-18, 02:02 PM   #139
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Glad your ankle is healing up Martin, don't be tempted to go at it to soon though, and when you do try and ease back in with a few short, slow runs on level ground first. I'd also say, stay off the tarmac and hard surface. Trails and paths are much kinder to your joints, and the movement at the ankle as a result of the uneven nature of trails strengthens ankles. When I did my ankle a couple of years back, the physiotherapist gave me a couple of exercises to do. One was trying to stand unsupported on each foot in turn with my eyes closed. The second was hopping about in random directions on each foot. Great ankle strengthening exercises.

Well, I've given up trying to get an advance run at Coed y brenin. Stuff just keeps getting in the way, so I'll go on Saturday and just do the event. It will of course mean a post race visit to the excellent cafe and visitor centre there to eat cake, drink tea, and then go to the shop there to look at all the nice cycling and running kit I can't afford!

Out for another run last night with three of the Powys Canicross folk. A bit of a social run at a gentle pace, in consideration for one of the group who was out on her second ever run. We set of at 7pm and did almost the whole distance in daylight pretty much, only needing a headtorch for the last quarter of a mile of road back into the village.

Powys Canicross social run

Got to run with my girls this evening. We usually get together with my running pal and her kids, and my two to do a loop near the village. One of my girls, Sioned, is more serious about her running than her sister, Eleri, so she'll come round on the longer version of the run. We'll meet Eleri, and Kate's crew about halfway round for the second part of the run.

This is going to be my fifth consecutive day of running. I'm going to have Thursday and Friday off of running to give myself a chance to recover ready for what looks like being a pretty gruelling event on Saturday.

Last edited by garynortheast; 18-04-18 at 02:05 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote