View Single Post
Old 19-05-18, 09:11 AM   #15
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: AL7 tyre recommendations for large mileage?

All of the above tyres are great recommendations but if you are strapped-for-cash and need some fresh rubber on the bike I can recommend,"Maxxis" budget tyres.They are nothing exceptional but have never let me down in Wet or Dry and about average mileage.

Reviews on here,

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre/maxxis-m6029

My SV came with Metzeler Z6 front and back but the front was past it's sell-by-date and had been squared off and after a few thousand miles I couldn't live it it so fitted a Maxxis 6029 to the front(£55).Instant better cornering etc.

The rear Metzler is still doing a great job and plenty of tread but when it's time to replace I'll fit a Maxxis 6029 to the rear as well.

Tyre makers will tell you you shouldn't mix brands but I've never had any trouble so long as they play-nice with each other and you ride within their envelope but do prefer,"Matched" tyres.

I'm not a mad fast rider but I do ride,"Spirited" on the right roads.My,"Chicken-Strips" are 1" on the rear and around 3/4" on the front

I am fortunate inasmuch as my local Bike Mech does a Tyre change and balance for a tenner(Wheel off).I used to do my own but at that price I can't be bothered.

HTH

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 19-05-18 at 09:15 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote