View Single Post
Old 29-07-17, 08:47 AM   #8
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Questionnaire Help

With due credit to Timwilky I have plagarised his questionnaire as my feelings are pretty much the same - I don't like big organised rides, I used to go to 'bike for life' run from Shrewsbury to RAF Cosford, but it got way too big and some of the riders were just hoons, pulling wheelies on the M54, dangerous riding and breaking speed limit etc. Been on a few British Legion biker rideouts as well, there is just too much of a mix of riders and equipments, often got stuck behind slow traffic because some could not or would not overtake - and the 'second man marking' (first and last man stay in same position, second man pulls over at junctions and waits till he sees last man ride past and then joins back in front of last man) drives me nuts. For me the most enjoyable rides are a small group who want to ride together and who you can trust to do the right thing.

I also like a 'destination' or somewhere to break the ride up, like a nice cafe or pub

1. Do you like going on ride-outs with other bikers?
Only in a small group with riders I know/trust. No more than 8

2. How do you find out about ride-outs at the moment?
Friends phone me, and say do you fancy a ride to ....

3. Do you want to know what ride-outs are going on near to you?
Not really

4. Would you be interested in using your phone or the web to find ride-outs that you can join?
No

5. Would you be interested in meeting new bikers to go on ride-outs with?
Definitely not. I meet them first. Then decide if I want to ride with them.

6. How do you organise ride-outs at the moment?
Phone or face to face, An old fashion concept called talking to people.

7. Would you find it useful to use your phone or the web to organise ride-outs?
Phone is preferable. That way all questions/answered in a single conversation. Web is only useful to announce intent.

8. What would you find useful when organising or looking for a ride-out?
A route
A date
The names of others attending.
But no organisation. A rideout is a bunch of like minded individuals who know where they are going. Ride for themselves but with consideration for others. None of this leader/markers/TEC rubbish.

9. Age, M/F (optional if you'd please)
65, male .

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 29-07-17 at 11:56 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote