View Single Post
Old 01-05-18, 12:59 PM   #22
andy650

Default Re: The Crash Detectives - a sobering story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
The facts then show that both the bike and the car continued along the motorway close together for some distance at high speed. That didn't happen by accident, it happened as a direct result of a conscious decision by both parties involved, either of whom could have stopped it from happening in an instant.
If you are on a bike, being chased by an irate driver, it is very difficult to get yourself into a safe position unless you have the power to boot it and literally run away. You cannot safely slow down because they will then catch you.

The only other option is to let them get close, then quickly change lanes and hammer the brakes and let them fly past, but then what? They can stop as well.....

I do not see how either of them could have "stopped that situation in an instant"? Sure, if he had been on a Busa and it was dry and clear, he would be long gone, but in the circumstances I suspect he was trapped.

I really feel like you are trying to attribute some blame to the biker, when he was the more vulnerable one who ended up dead.

I know where you are coming from, trying to understand exactly what happened so maybe it wont ever happen to you, and that is exactly what I do whenever I see footage of an accident.

But, making guesses and then concluding the biker was in some way to blame, oversteps the mark in my book.

The driver was a scroat who did everything he could to avoid justice, he did many things wrong and deserved everything he got, and more.
andy650 is offline   Reply With Quote