View Single Post
Old 30-01-10, 05:06 PM   #5
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone fancy blowing away the cobwebs 30/1

Bah, If you give more notice it just ends up with more people asking for details, expressing more opinions over route/destination, then not turning up.

I'll pop a pointer in the mega thread next time so you get notified.

Keep an eye out for me if you're out and about tomorrow. I'll be on a silver naked thou generally tutting and looking disappointed behind a vintage Ninja somewhere between Guildford, Alton, Reading and Basingstoke.

If I get a pass out over coming weeks it's usually early start (bit later if freezing) start/end in Fleet, route made up according to weather, preferences of attendees at the off and whether we're off for a blat (Sorry Stu, a progressive, sparkling jaunt) or something more technical.

I'll post a few in here and see if I get any takers. However previous experience would suggest a fairly low turn-out. So if you fancy more ride-outs, best bet is organise your own. Don't worry about pace/route as that always sorts itself out on the day. A more formal ride-out does take a lot of organising and can be a bit daunting but a "meet you at <place> for a departure at <time> for duration of <period>" is a piece of cake. If people turn up then fine. If not then just leave when you said you'd leave and enjoy the ride. Any more than a few days notice usually just adds noise to the organisation but that's up to you.

I look forward to potentially covering a few miles with some of you during 2010.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote