View Single Post
Old 03-07-21, 09:27 PM   #1054
daktulos

Default Re: The running thread.

I've had a long-term problem with my ankle - for the last five years or so. Last year, I "officially retired" from running, meaning that I haven't booked into any races and set no targets for training, etc. but carried on running when I felt like it. It's worked, and I've been running pretty well recently - my ankle occasionally gripes, but nothing that's stopped me.

When I decided to "retire" I also decided to take up something else - I picked climbing (indoor) as I thought it would complement the running well, would let me work on my upper body strength (which needs it) and I was hoping would help on the strength through my big toe on the foot with the dodgy ankle.

Of course, lock-down(s) meant that didn't happen, but I've started climbing this year. On Wednesday, I fell from the top of a boulder problem and hit my bad ankle on a hold on the way down, resulting in a swollen ankle and having to abandon my only run of the week.

Still, no regrets - I'm really enjoying climbing. It's quite different, and (when not falling) very low impact. I'll get back to running next weekend.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote