Thread: speeding
View Single Post
Old 22-06-06, 11:11 PM   #108
Speedy
Mega Poster

hall13uk,sorry to hear about your bad luck! Fingers crossed things will turn out ok!

As for the rest of you!

I cannot believe the attitudes shown on this thread! Firstly I'd like to say that I agree with Daimo,and feel sorry for hall13uk.

EVERYBODY has 'sped' in their lives,be it in a car or on a bike,if if they say different they are bloody LIARS!
All those people who modify their bikes/cars may do so just for the sound something makes,or how something looks,but most of the time they want more power and more speed (potentially anyway )

I suggest to all those who have criticised hall13uk and other speeders should sell their SV's or whatever Sports-bike they have and go and buy either an electric car or a less powerful bike,this way you won't be tempted to break the limit and you'll be doing your bit for the Environment too.

I am a Petrol head. I accept that there is a time and a place for speeding,yes race tracks,but also you can enjoy the roads too,IF your carefull,and it's a quiet road etc etc.
Someone once said "Speed itself is not a killer,it is what you hit that is" VERY true

As for the post about reaction times being slower the older you get,this has been proven to be false! What changes is the body's ability to act quick enough due to the diminished muscles,stiff joints or disabilities,the brain still registers what is going on and sends the signals to the required muscles etc,but if they are not 'fit',so to speak,then they are what lets you down.
So if the 67 year old who drives at 120 is still physically fit,his body should react as fast as 'normal'.

Come on people! Yes he got caught,he is prepared to face up to why and what happens next,No need to flame him!
One day it WILL be you or ME,I hope I can take it as well as he has!

Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote