Thread: Gun users
View Single Post
Old 21-02-14, 08:19 PM   #46
tinpants
Ubique

Default Re: Gun users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Like we'd know what to do with it..... I know a fair bit about handguns but sod all about Scatter guns, so I didn't know they automatically cocked when you closed them..... which is why I said I was curious about what led to the OPs question.
Shotguns recock when you open them, not when you close them. Just thought I'd clear that one up.

I have 3 shotguns, a high powered air rifle (tested at 11.8 ft/lb) and am currently in the process of gaining my FAC. Some of my shotguns have routinely been used with snap caps some haven't. I personally can't tell the difference. They are all over 20 years old and I have had no problems with any of the mainsprings. With regards to the air rifle it is a PCP multishot type rifle and is kept with the air cylinder charged and the breech open. With a firearm - ie a bolt action FAC type rifle such as a .243, .22250 etc then you are supposed to store the bolt separate from the weapon (or so I'm led to believe)
As an aside, ammunition should be store separately to the weapon but afaik there is no legal requirement to have it locked away. Having said that, my ammo is always locked away.

Last edited by tinpants; 21-02-14 at 08:22 PM.
tinpants is offline   Reply With Quote