View Single Post
Old 13-02-19, 06:25 PM   #37
Othen

Default Re: SV650 K6/K3 Radiator

This thread is at an end - in that I've just finished changing the radiator to a K3 item (finished work in the dark under the security floodlights!).

Well, it worked, but in retrospect I would not have bothered - I'd have just returned the K3 radiator and bought a good used one for the K6. The radiator itself fitted properly, but the bracket that holds the fan onto the back of the radiator is different - which is not obvious until the whole thing is apart. By that stage I'd gone past the point of no return with this job, so I decided to modify the K6 fan mounting to fit the K3 radiator. That is not as drastic as it might sound, I just straightened out 2 of the pressed steel legs in the vice and drilled holes to match the new radiator. All that probably look a couple of hours of thinking about, measuring and doing. The finished job is fine.

I can see why Suzuki changed away from the K3 filler design - it is terrible! The filler is hidden away in the fairing and very difficult to fill indeed.

I'm pleased I got the plugs changed whilst the bike was apart - the old ones were pretty poor.

It all seems okay, the bike started up straight away and seemed to run fine. I left it ticking over for about 10-15 minutes, by which time the the temperature had reached 80c.

I might take a few photos in the morn and add them to this just to finish off the thread.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; 13-02-19 at 06:27 PM.