View Single Post
Old 25-03-11, 06:20 PM   #3094
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Well, It seems to have become a bit of an initation ceremony for me - dropping new bikes at a standstill within the first week!!

I did it with the SV on day one doing a u-turn on gravel, I dropped the TT in the garage and yesterday I dropped the CBR outside the village shop, doh!! The engine was off and i was sitting on it trying to reverse so we could leave in the other direction but there was a low kerb behind me, and being such a short ar$e I couldnt get it over it, so i went to get off it and somehow managed to bring it down on top of me.

Miraculously theres not a scratch on it, but i have no idea how, someone was smiling down on me

I cant begin to imagine the words that must have gone through Jeffs mind - he buys bikes and then i drop them!!! Hopefully thats the worst that will happen with it

Having said that, our ride was phenomenol, I rode all the way back between 8k and 13k revs (overtaking) and ive never ridden like that before, the bike just handles and sounds amazing.
Im having surgery in a fortnight though, and full recovery may take a few months, but just knowing the bikes sat waiting for me will be the biggest incentive to get myself better.