View Single Post
Old 04-01-07, 10:23 PM   #1
ejohnh

Default 2003 K1! No mods Changed choke cable - lessons learned.

I had no choke. stripped down to take carb assembly off. Rear choke plunger seized and cable clamp screw phillips drive banjaxed. Had to get impact driver from Halfords to remove screw. Cable snapped when pulling plunger out of housing - corroded to hell! f*k!

Dec 27th Phoned local dealers for cable = average £23+ plus vat not in stock, couldn't order until after holiday period, probably get it Jan 4th - bloody depressed!

Searched net found a few pattern suppliers. Prices from £12 to £16 plus vat plus postage.

Wemoto £14 inc vat and postage! Ordered it. Got it today! Well surprised. Fitted it and put everything back together. Damn me, thing started OK!!

Tried to get some spare M5 bolts form local car accessory shop. Turned out to be 2BA - not good. Used metal saw to put cut for flat screwdriver in old plunger clamp screw.

All working phew!!

****es me off that dealers want to charge top dollar for stuff but don't want to carry it in stock. I won't be going to a dealer again.

Was going to get a carbtune balancer while I had the top off but I cant wait to get back on the road. Do the balancing later.

John