Thread: Sv650 goat?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-23, 09:54 PM   #4
buckstone

Default Re: Sv650 goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I liked the sentiments but not the video itself. No mention that the SV650 was derived from the SV400 JDM? My AL7 doesn't have an LED headlight but does have an LED tail light.

In road tests of the new generation of 270° parallel twins there is always the comment that it makes them sound and feel like a V twin. As an owner of Yam's CP2 engine and an SV, I'm sceptical - one comment I read about the new GSX-8S Suzuki was that it was the most V twin-like of all the current manufacturer's parallel twins.

I wonder how much it costs to build the SV, development costs must have been paid for many years ago.
I sold my K8 a year or so ago and missed it dreadfully, so have been looking for a new bike over the past couple of weeks. Got test rides on the Yamaha MT-07, Tracer 7 and the new Honda Hornet. Wanted to like them all, but wasn't hugely impressed. So today I bought an 18-month old SV - which, as you say, is a real V-twin and not something else trying to mimic it. I know the SV isn't cutting edge, but it still does what I need.
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote