View Single Post
Old 14-04-10, 08:41 PM   #1
Gazdaman

Default For swap: 1999 SV650 w/ mods

I'm gauging interest, I've only just got the bike, but I'm not sure it's quite what I'm looking for.

On paper the spec is this:

1999 bike in grand candy blue.
30k miles on the clocks
Pointy forks with maxton internals
Maxton rear shock
Engine has about 10k on it with pointy cams
K&N air filter
Rejetted carbs
Full micron exhaust system (loud)
Braided hoses
Pirelli supercorsa tyres front and rear (with a spare front)

It comes with all the stuff to be an S, although the lugs on the headlight are broken and the front plastics aren't good.

So I've put on a single bates headlight.

It comes with a pretty much mint petrol tank, with race style petrol cap and the dented one that's on it.

Rear plastics are a different colour as is the joining part at the back.

Bike starts and runs fine, no MOT or tax at the minute, but should pass an MOT ok as long as you find one that doesn't mind a slightly loud can.
No clocks on it at the moment, although I have the originals, can either make a bracket to fit them, or do as I was planning to and fit a bicycle speedo until I decide what I'm going to do with the bodywork.

I'm looking for £800, or mainly I'm after a swap for pretty much any road legal bike, something interesting though. The exhaust system on this is worth a pretty penny, the engine is good and low mileage and the chassis is sorted just the bodywork lets it down. And even then it's got a mint tank. So if you like the naked look it's a good bike!

Give me a shout on here or on gaz@gaz-racing.co.uk

Gaz