View Single Post
Old 19-06-07, 10:59 PM   #1
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default My first track day

.... Was on Monday, the forecast was rain, thunder and lightening..
MINT!!

Anyway, got soaked on the way there, the track was damp but still had lots of fun and 'progressed' quite nicley around the track (Llandow in South Wales). Met RingDing there who was there for moral support for his mate and he took loads of pics for me

Thanks mate, I look forward to getting the CD with all the pics.

The weather picked up and was alright but then about 12:00 it monsooned it down while I was still on the track so did a few more laps before coming back in when we had lunch. After that it was an open track so on and off as you felt like it. A couple of us let the bigs fellas with the track bikes go out to dry the track off for us before going back out, then the weather just got fantastic

Here's a few to be getting on with it was FANTASTIC I think I'm going to be doing a few more trackdays and the smell of burning rubber when your tyres are starting to blister is awesome

Just going into a corner

Increase tha peace

Tight slow corners after a blast upto just over a ton

Oh yeah, I got my toe down not quite as convincingly as Hovis did (no. not my knee though) but you'll be able to see things better from the other pics when I get them.

I was quite concerned when it happend (a few times) because I don't ride with my feet on the pegs so my toes are sticking out, I always have the balls of my feet on the pegs so no part of my foot really sticks out too far and when I touched down it felt wierd and that freaked me out and put me off trying to push the bike down further (as well as already being scared anyway). It'll come with practise..

Once again, thanks to RingDing and it was nice to see you again mate

Look right-> <-Look Left

Last edited by _Stretchie_; 19-06-07 at 11:08 PM.
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote