View Single Post
Old 23-11-10, 04:12 PM   #30
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: 7-9th JULY, site bunks booked out recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Like I said, all the dates above, were available at the time the poll was put up.
Unfortunately, another party has booked all the bunkhouses on that particular weekend, which poses an issue to some.
The site owner has said that the other dates are still fine.....but don't expect someone not to come along and book them, as it is a campsite. The dates put forward were on the belief they were available, I am not a xmas fairy that can stop the world booking something from under us in the meantime.

Whys is the only logical answer, to re poll a venue for the AR11?

I have already posted in the original proposal where alternative accomodation is, but if I have to clarify it again in another thread, then so be it. I shall do it when the poll has closed for the dates, and the site has confirmed the booking. Orose is to be going up to the site after the poll has closed.

Lou...if other dates get booked up, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Like you say, there is no way of holding all the dates and making them wait on us. The AR has always been a camping weekend and having alternatives on site has been a bonus and that is what you have found for us.

No idea why there would be a need to re-poll on a venue.

Yorkshire got voted in, it's just the dates now...I don't think this is that big of a deal...just a case of letting people know. As people can't change their votes, a new poll for dates is, as I see it the logical option as it allows people to amend their dates if they wish.