Thread: Electric Cars
View Single Post
Old 21-11-17, 01:12 PM   #121
svrich_02

Default Re: Electric Cars

Good write up L3nny but sorry to hear about the problems. Electric in the real world can be very impractical and I wouldn’t shout from the roof tops about how great they are because everyone’s circumstances are different. I have the home charger so do most of my charging at home, I drive 18 miles a day to drop kids at school and get to work and back so fits in with me for what I need it for. I usually get a weeks worth of miles from a single charge.

I’ve only completed 1 long range trip which was without a drama but even the EV forums have people with the same sort of experiences as you.

Yes, it is known, although I have a Zoe. Motorway driving needs to be between 55 – 60 mph to get any match of miles to range. Using the cruise control or speed limiter is also a “no no” I’ve since found out.

I can’t speak for BWM as I don’t know but both my Zoe’s have had the battery management system firmware updated which has helped improve charge times and also range. So getting 90+ miles a charge now it’s getting cooler and more 120 range in the summer so it might be BMW have the same thing because the charging times you mentioned do seem a bit long than I would expect.

Anyway, at least you can say you’ve tried it and yes, traffic light grand prix is always fun. No one expects that sort of acceleration from a dinky Zoe.