View Single Post
Old 05-09-10, 04:06 PM   #10
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bar conversion with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
Looks good, what do you estimate the 'bar position to be compared with the original? Which bars exactly are they and would you recommend those risers over the standard Suzuki naked risers and why? What was the specific reason they wouldn't fit, and what exactly was removed to make them usable?

Questions questions!

Right then, to answer to your questions, I need to have a bit of a sit down and think about this lot.

Bar position is about four inches higher and three inches further back than the clip ons. The main advantage is comfort here, neck ache is reduced, wrist ache is gone and my back ache has gone too.

The Bars came from M+P, via mail order. I phoned them up and talked to a really helpful guy about building a streetfighter style bike, but on a major budget. He recommended these bars because they are light, strong and comfortable.

The risers were an issue. I saw a very nice SV1000N in my local dealers, that had standard Suzuki risers on it. The were rather ugly and did not give much rise. I wanted a position that would be up right and comfortable, I was also aware that I did not want the bars interfering with the fairing, so by leaning them back, we still have room to turn the bars fully. The risers were chunky looking, but over hung the top yoke by half an inch. To prevent them coming into contact with the tank and also to make them look nicer, my friend machined them down for me. When he is not making bits for me because I smiled at him and fluttered my eye lashes, he is making bits for his XZ10 and ZX12 streetfighters.

I hope that this answers your questions, but if you want to know more, then please do ask. We are not finished yet, the original throttle cables are too short, with careful routing they did work, but it is ugly. The wiring loom is also too short on the right hand side, so we must find an extra four inches in there somewhere or add the difference. As much as I hate wiring, I know that with care, I can make it look good and no on would know it had been extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
I do hope not - nicking things is bad form donchaknow!
Oops! My bad spelling again. Should have noticed that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote