View Single Post
Old 14-10-18, 01:54 PM   #6
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bike expenditure app - Roadtrip

The cars I have tried it in certainly seemed perkier, pulled away better and went up hills better. Unfortunately he truth was you can't have your cake and eat it, you can either enjoy the extra oommph or get better MPG.

I tried V Power in a carbed bike and it actually ran worse ( but maybe 'V' power was made for V twins LOL ), maybe the ECU was not smart enough to make use of higher octane, to be honest have not tried higher octane in SV AL7 as ( like Seeker ) I am getting amazing MPG anyway and plenty power for me on normal 95.

I did a blind trial on my wifes car, we had identical cars and when I drove hers it always seemed less willing and more sluggish than mine, she was in the habit of using Sainsbury's or Tesco fuel because of the 5p a litre vouchers she got with shopping. I filled her car up with V power one day and didn't tell her. A few days later she asked me if I had tuned her car as she had noticed it drove better, I told her what I had done and she never used supermarket fuel after, but used normal 95 Esso, BP or Shell and seemed happy. This was about 10 years ago, don't know if SM fuel has changed since then.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 14-10-18 at 02:04 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote