View Single Post
Old 03-08-05, 11:35 AM   #1
BillyC
Mega Poster

Default My first 4pot experience...

Last night, I dragged myself over to a mate's house as he'd just been to pick up a 2000 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja that he'd just bought.

He had one of these a few years ago, before upgrading to a Ducati 748S which was unfortuantely stolen. His girlfriend was also their on her RVF400.

To my surprise, I was offered to have a go on both of them! So without much hesitation, I popped my lid and gloves on, and got to it.

Now, I've not ridden anything other than a twin before. The opportunity was never really available. It's really only ever been the ER5 I did my DAS on, and my SV.

The main thing I noticed on the ZX6R, was that it was incredibly easy to ride. The lack of torque in the lower end is pretty friendly around town. To be fair, I never really got it above 3rd gear, but the sensation of the bike winding up is definitely there.

I then got on the RVF... this really is a girls bike! It's small, light, and not friendly to male genitals. It makes a great noise and is pretty nippy - especially considering it's a 400. Again, no opportunity to get above 3rd gear, but definitely a lot of fun! If these bikes had a cheaper reputation, I woud definitely consider picking one up as a bit of fun.

All in all, a lot of fun, and a new experience for me. It certainly highlights the difference of the V-Twin to me, and I still think the SV is a wonderfully practical bike with its low end torque.